Friday 13 March 2015

Spring

Its arriving, on my walk to post parcels, its super to see the daffs and the snowdrops, its been a lovely week here, bright sunshine.
I went to church to find it locked, very odd, so I thought I would meander into the graveyard and sit on the bench in the sunshine.
There was a man varnishing the bench and I gave him such a fright when I shouted hello, with my monk like brown corduroy coat on with the hood up.  I know why I was sent there today.  He is 86 years old and lost his son of 53 last year.  He started to tell me about him and sobbed.  He talked for 45 mins about his sons life, I dont know this man, but I felt a sense of relief in him whilst talking to a stranger about him.
Life is so precious.
Feels contrite to write about anything else, so I wont. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, regards Shelagh

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...